Wednesday, August 25, 2010

let the sunshine in



my grandmother, tutu, loved yellow. she simply said it made her happy. and when you walked into her home in wellington, ks, where she lived for 60 years, it was apparent. yellow curtains, yellow chairs- yellow bowls, lamps, frames, towels...all tastefully done. and all very cheery.

via david jimenez


via design sponge

via martha stewart

the first time i took my husband (boyfriend at the time) to meet her in wellington i suggested he bring a bouquet of buttery yellow roses. he would have won her over without the roses, but lets just say we were off to a good start.


via lonny

via southern living

earlier this summer tutu would have celebrated her 103rd birthday. she didn't know a stranger and loved to tell stories. she definitely had the gift of gab.




i am sure tutu will come up many more times as she was a true inspiration. her amazing fashion sense and 5 closets full of clothes, her humor, her strong opinions, and the storage unit full of her furniture that awaits my attention back in kc are all reasons to share.


leslie klotz

i miss her. but she surrounds me. and her love for yellow lives in me.

kate spade's apartment

thanks tutu.

xoxo
elle.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful story and such gorgeous color inspiration!

    E + J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and great story about your grandmother, I grew up in Wellington...seems like a whole other world when I go back to visit my family.

    ReplyDelete